Weighing as little as 170g, and with a single unit capable of delivering usable light (1 lux) to 466m, the Carbon-2 is the ultimate motorsport lighting solution where space is at a premium. Available with a choice of three optics – Spot, Reeded (Horizontal) and Reeded (Vertical), the lights work either as multiple units used in combination for a personalised driving light package, or used individually as the ultimate corner lighting solution.
At its core, the lighting performance of the Carbon-2 is driven by ultra-reflective vacuum-metallised boost optics, combined with a pair of high intensity 11W LEDs. The Spot and Reeded lens options give flexibility to match the distribution of light to specific applications, with the Reeded lens option also available for lights mounted in a vertical orientation.
Lighting performance aside, it is through ground-breaking advances in material design and engineering that the Carbon Series really stands apart from all other lighting solutions. New for 2019/20, all Carbon-2 lamps are available constructed using either a “prepreg” carbon-fibre housing, or from a 3D printed Carbon-Fibre & Nylon composite material (CF-PA12). Prepreg carbon-fibre benefits from exceptional strength and rigidity ensuring the lamps longevity when exposed to harsh conditions and light-moderate impact. By contrast, the 3D print CF-PA12 material, finished with an automotive-grade gloss black paint, provides for a more cost-effective solution albeit one with lower overall strength.
Through extensive testing and feedback at the very highest levels of rally, track, and off-road motorsports, the colour temperature of the LEDs has been carefully selected to provide maximum definition and sharpness. The unique design of both the housing and internal electronics, which includes rear facing LEDs, provides greater light utilisation, reduced scatter, and a more homogenous light distribution.
Note – 3D printed lamps are approved to IP65 only.
- Ultra-lightweight, carbon-fibre or 3D print CF-PA12 material housing
- Highly efficient high intensity 11W LED technology
- Available in Spot or Reeded lens options; lamp can be mounted in a horizontal or vertical orientation
- Carefully selected LED colour temperature maximises sharpness and definitio
- CAE optimised heatsink requires minimal airflow to maintain 100% light output
- Electronic thermal management
- Low profile design for improved aerodynamic performance
- Supplied with loom and Deutsch DT04-2P Connector (male and female pre-wired)
- IP65 watertight
- 5-year warranty
- Designed & manufactured in Britain
|HIGH BEAM FUNCTION
|Total Luminous Flux
|Number of High Output LEDs
|Current Draw (at 14.4V)
|0.25 lx Line
|0.5 lx Line
|1 lx Line
|3 lx Line